Monday, December 9, 2013

I'm Grateful For My Dad

I have to give a shout out to my wonderful dad. I don't know what I would do without him.

Last Thursday, there was a strange noise coming from my back brake. I'm in no way mechanically inclined, so I called dad. That night he had me switch cars with my mom so he could take a look at it. When we went down to visit on Saturday, he had fixed the brake but still needed the van for another day. He planned to fix the heat or rather lack of heat also. For the last year or so there has been no heat to the front of the van. I didn't really worry about it much because the boys had heat in the back and I did have heated seats up front. We have made do, it was what it was. As a single mom it wasn't really high on my priority list. I crochet enough blankets that if for some reason we ended up losing all heat we could muscle through. I have had a couple friends who husbands had offered to help us out, but my van is never still long enough for them to work on it. My sweet father took it upon himself this weekend to fix the heat. Last night my parents brought my van back out to us, windows cleaned (I'm really bad about the van windows), brakes fixed, and heat fixed.

This morning when we woke to snow coving everything, I was grateful for not having to stand outside with a hand held heater to defog my front window. I warmed up the van and 5 minutes later when we jumped in to take Jordan to school it was toasty warm. AAHHH!! Pure Heaven :) Jacob even said on the way to school, "Wow, it's really warm in here."

While my dad knows we would have made it through another winter on limited heat, he wasn't going to allow that to happen. He's always there for me, instead of letting my struggle he steps in and helps us out. I know I can count on him to be always be there when I need him (and even when I don't realize I need help), as well as he is there for my boys. We are very blessed to have him in our lives and we thank God for him.

Thursday must have been the day for things to break around my house, because for no reason the DVD player decided to just stop working. We watched a movie and went to swap it for another and it wouldn't read the disc.

My dad also came to our rescue with a couple DVD players when he returned my van. I am shutting off our cable for a while. We don't watch TV Monday through Thursday anyways, plus on the weekends the boys usually play their electronic games. It just didn't seem practical to keep paying for something we seldom use. We have a nice collection of movies we can watch if the mood strikes us. I have a few shows I love, but I can watch most of them on the computer.

I guess what I'm saying is thank you dad for always looking out for me and my boys. We love you and appreciate all you do for us. Your truly are a blessing and I am very lucky to have you as my dad and a Papa for my boys.

Please take the time to vote for my blog by clicking on the Badge in the upper left corner or click here if you enjoyed this post. Also you can find us on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment