Monday, January 20, 2014

Planning A-Head, So I don't Feel Like I'm Loosing My Mind

My first time linking up with Organizing Junkie for Menu Planning Monday. We have been in the same 29 menu idea rut for a little bit (like the past 7 years). I use to be really good about preplanning our menu and somehow I slip away from it. Life is so much easier when I can at least have a game plan for what we'll be having for dinner on days when things are so hectic I can't seem to remember what day it is. Here's to a new attempt of remaining organized :)

Sunday- First time trying Shepherd's Pie (it did not go over well with the boys)

Monday- Steak sandwiches with peppers & onion and cheese slices -Jordan's day to cook

Tuesday- Marinated chicken, stuffing, zucchini and yellow squash, and applesauce -Jacob's day to cook

Wednesday- Bean (refried and black beans) and Cheese quesadillas, Mexican rice, and corn (we use to add chicken in them, but one day I was rushing and forgot to toss it in. My kiddos enjoy this version just as much) - Joey's day to cook

Thursday- (scout night, so ha to be a quick and easy meal) Breakfast for dinner. Eggs, turkey bacon, toast, and fresh fruit.

Friday- Cornflake coated chicken, homemade potato fries, broccoli florets (great Gluten free meal)

Saturday- This week we'll be Grandma's, so your guess is as good as mine :)

*To help my boys learn to cook, each of them (ages 7, 9, and 13) either makes the complete meal by themselves (supervised of coarse) or with mom guiding them.

Thank you to our dear friends at Homeschool Camper for introducing us to this page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment