Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sensory Overlaod Arcade


I had been talking with a friend from church for a while and we decided it might be fun to get both of our families together. The question was "Where are you suppose to take 5 boys on a chilly day?" Not just 5 boys, but 3 of which are high energy and 2 are teenagers. My friend had mentioned the arcade, but this was not your run of the mill arcade. We met at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum in Farmington Hills, Michigan. I have to admit that I don't remember ever going to an arcade anything like this one, and I've been to my share of arcades back in the day. The second you step through the door you are hit with a sensory overload. There is music playing, lights flashing, games pinging, and people talking and trying to maneuver around everyone and everything. There is so much stuff packed into every nook and cranny, literally from floor to ceiling. I was a bit worried how Joey would do with so much going on around him, he did absolutely awesome though. I on the other hand did get a bit claustrophobic and was glad once we were back outside.


My friend was kind enough to give all the boys quarters and we set the loose to wonder about. It was interesting to see some older "games". There were many "unique" games. There were some I remembered from when I was younger and had forgotten all about. I did find my favorite games amongst the modge podge of machinery, tucked in a corner was the skeet ball and they had a whole wall of pinball games. It was fun watching the boys figure out how some of the games worked.There were some that did more than we expected them too.



It's a difficult place to describe. If you truly want to get the whole experience of what this place has to offer, you really need to see it in person.

This one made me giggle. You just have to lift the leaf :)























Care to have you hand sliced for a quarter
 
This was a "game"; you could watch people be tortured


The wall of pinball
Wonder what this one does?

No comments:

Post a Comment