Saturday, March 1, 2014

New Year Resolution Progress- February

We have made progress on our resolutions, more so in some areas than others. The boys have been working on their personal goals.

Jacob is slowly getting better with sharing belongings and seems to share mostly with Joey.Which is wonderful for me to watch as the bond is becoming stronger.

Joey again made another new friend thanks to new students entering his class. He is working on maintaining his older friendship while establishing a connection with his new friend. Jordan had really struggled this month.

Jordan started off well this month mainly because he had not received the privilege of electronics back yet. Once that little electronic box was placed in his hands he hid away for days in his room catching up on all the games and videos he had missed. I had hoped that once the novelty of having his electronics back he would manage his use of them better. There were days that he had so engrossed in his games/ videos that he missed lunch or family time. Having the electronics back also effected this sleep as he stayed awake most of the weekend nights until the early hours playing. The last couple days he has done better because I took the IPod one evening and forgot where I put it. I would swear it is almost like an addition for him. He'll continue to work on balancing his screen time, looks like I'm going to be helping him for a couple months to get it under control.

I am still slowly working on being healthier. I'm up to 3 eight-ounce glasses of water and have eliminated 2 cups of coffee a day. I'm looking forward to warmer days ahead so I can get back outside and walk. I'm actually getting almost eight hours of sleep a night, only occasionally have I stayed up to one in the morning.

I still haven't set up my classes at the school I hope to do it this month. I have been working on my sign language using a website I found about a year ago. It is amazing how quickly most of to came back to me, and how much I missed doing it. Jordan as also stated using the site to brush up on his signing.

I am getting more comfortable with taking time for myself, mostly this past month I spent my time reading but will need to pull out my scrapbooking stuff again soon.

Our family goals have been moving right along. We are more than half way through our Winter Bucket List and will be finishing that up this month. The boys have been enjoying many books this month of their choice. Joey did better this month than last, I think we may have found a way to spark his interest in book. Joey has almost caught up to Jordan book wise, as Jordan's progress had slowed some this month. Jacob is still flying through books at an awesome rate. Our total books per person- Jacob:13, Joey:5, Jordan:6, and Mom18. Year-to date total : 43.

Our Books Completed for February are:

Jacob- The Chocolate Touch by Patric Skene Catling, Snow Valentines by Karen Gray Ruelle, Ghosts Do Splash in Puddles by Marcia Thorton Jones, Ricky Ricottas Mighty Robots: Voodoo Vultures by Dav Pilkey, Sideway Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar, Happy Birthday, Bad Kitty! by Nick Bruel, and Berenstain Bears at the Teen Rock CafĂ© by Stan & Jan Berenstain.

Joey-  The Absent Author, The Bald Bandit, The Canary Caper all of which are by Ron Roy

Jordan- Wimpy Kid Dairy Had Luck by Jeff Kenny, The Serpents Shadow by Rick Riordan, and The Always War by Margret Peterson Haddix

Mine- The Wish House by Celia Rees, Super-Parenting for ADD by Edward M. Hallowell M.D., Chasing Yesterday #1 Awaking by Robin Wasserman, Full Ride by Margret  Peterson Haddix, Between the Shades of Gray by Ruth Sepetys, Chasing Yesterday #2 Betrayal by Robin Wasserman, Maybe You Know My Kid by Mary Fowler, The eye of Minds by James Dashner, Susanne's Dairy for Nicholas by James Patterson, Fallen by Lauren Kate, Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer, Chasing Yesterday #3 Truth by Robin Wasserman, Cut by Patricia McCormick, and The silent Boy by Lois Lowry.

No comments:

Post a Comment