Thursday, September 4, 2014

Year Long Goals Progress- August

I honestly have no clue what we did in August. It seemed to pass in such a blur. Actually the whole summer seemed to have gone by too quickly. Our focus this month was to get outside as much as possible and work towards reaching our goal of 1000 hours outside. The boys spent a lot of time on their skateboards, Ripstix, and bikes. I had attempted to update which items from our Summer Bucket List we had completed that I kind of forgot about marking more from our list.

For how everyone has done towards their personal goals, we are still making good progress. The boys are doing better at reaching theirs than I am. Jordan has done well managing his electronic time. He has been really working on learning some skateboard tricks and has spent much of his time outside. Joey continues to make new friends. We spent majority of a Saturday at Touch A Truck and the carnival at the city of Warren's birthday bash, while there Joey found a kid his age to hang out with. They even exchanged phone numbers so when we are down by Papa and Grandma's they can get together. Jacob is still sharing well with others. Not only is he still sharing his toys he has been more open to sharing his thoughts with others without the fearing rejection. I have not made any progress this past month towards any of my goals. Other than setting aside time for me to do something I enjoy. I have a couple work in progress crochet crafts I have been on. Also I have been exploring different crochet stitches and patterns.

There was only one bucket list activity marked off this month, which is kind of disappointing. However we have been doing well with spending time outside. We totaled 119 hours and 30 minutes of outside time for the month, bringing our year-to-date total to 687.5 hours!! Spending so much time outdoors made it harder to want to sit and read. There was also very little reading that went on this month. Here are the few books that did get read.

Jacob- (4 books) Dragon Slayers Academy-Revennge of the Dragon Lady by Kate McMullan, The School Nurse from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler, The Teacher from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler, and Magic Tree House Afternoon on the Amazon by Mary Pope Osborne

Joey- (0 books)

Jordan- (5 books) Skinned by Robin Wasserman, The Key to Rondo by Emily Rodda, Crashed by Robin Wasserman, Raven's Gate by Anthony Huruwitz, and Throwing Stones by Henry Holt.

Me- (2) Life is not a Stress Rehearsal and Relax- You May Only Have A Few Minutes Left both by Loretta LaRoche * I highly recommend both book my Mrs. LaRoche. I have seen some of her programs on tv and she is just a hoot!! Her message is to laugh more and stop taking yourself so seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment