Thursday, August 7, 2014

Year Long Goals Progress- July

Not only have I been slacking on keeping everyone updated on all the fun activities we have been marking off our Summer Bucket List, but I have also not been posting our progress with our year long goals. I have been doing better with posting our adventures from our bucket list. I'm going to take a little detour and quickly update how we have been towards out goals.

I can't believe the last update on our goals was for April!! There had been some progress made since then, also some backsliding, but we're doing good again. Jacob continues to do great with sharing. Joey has had many opportunities to meet new people, even if we didn't spend enough time with them to consider them as friends. Jordan has a new interest so he's doing much better with managing his electronic time. 

I lost 10 pounds! Funny thing is, I didn't really do anything consciously to lose it. I eat when I' hungry (and it's not always healthy foods) and I haven't done a single workout video all summer. I spend time outside whenever the boys go out; but instead of sitting and watching the boys play while I chit chat with the neighbors, I've been attempting their skateboards with them, playing basketball, playing tag or similar games with them, and we have done a great deal of walking. Often times when I do sit I don't do it for long because I'm taking pictures or videos of the boys. All of our water intake is up, I have no clue how much we actually drink a day though. We fill the water bottles and head out the door, when they're empty we refill them.

While I still spend almost my waking hours engaged in what the boys are doing, I spend some of their sleeping hours as a chance to sit and talk with adults. Once the kiddos are all tucked into bed the neighbors and I sit out front and talk. Unfortunately, I have wonderful interesting friends and we stay up too late into the night talking. So my goal to get to bed earlier isn't happening, but it's summer time. I have also taken time to do things that I enjoy. Jordan has an upcoming trip to Washing D.C. and to help raise money to cover his trip I have been crocheting sling purses to sell. I have made and remade a couple blankets. I started to teach myself to knit. I only completed a couple rows; a couple uneven rows that took me too long to do. I'm putting the knitting aside for a bit in favor of trying another new to me crochet stitch.

 We continue to make progress on our family goals. The numbers of books being read has dropped as we are spending more of our time outside. We have roughly 2 months left until the conclusion of our 1000 Hours Outside. While we are not where I would like us to be on this goal, we have made great strides this summer. A quick tally of hours for the past months are May- 70 hours, June- 114 hours,  and July- 157 hours. Our year-to-date total as of the end of July is 568.5 hours spent outside!!

As for our books read, we are slowly making progress. Joey is the only one who has not completed any books this summer. I'm still searching for a way to get him to enjoy reading. I'm welcome to any suggestions to get this kid to pick up a book. Our year-to-date book total towards our 400 book goal as of the end of July is 113 books. We're behind where we should be at this point, as the temperature drops the more we'll pick up books.

Jacob- May (3 books) Big Nate in a Class by Himself by Lincoln Peirce, Captain Awesome to the Rescue by Stan Kirby, Magic Tree House: Mummies in the Morning by Mary Pope Osborne. June (6) Magic Tree House:Pirates Past Noon by Mary Pope Osbourne, Magic Tree House The Knight at Dawn by Mary Pope Osbourne, The Terrifying Trembles of Tippy Tingle Trousers by Dav Pilkey, TMNT Mutant Origin: Raphael, TMNT Mutant Origin: Michelangelo, The Thanksgiving Day From the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler. July (5) Humpty Dumpty Jr: Hardboiled Detective The Case of the Fiendish Flapjack Flop by Nate Evans, Humpty Dumpty Jr: The Mystery of Merlin and the Gruesome Ghost by Nate Evans, Magic Tree House Night of the Ninjas by Mary Pope Osbourne, Captain Under pants and the Big Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy Part1 by Dav Pilkey, Captain Awesome takes a Dive by Stan Kirby.

Joey- May (0) June (0) July (0)

Jordan- May (4) Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry, Messenger by Lois Lowry, That was Then This is Now by S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton June (4) The Secret of Lying by Todd Mitchell, How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller, Origin by Jessica Khoury, Legend by Marie Lu July (5) Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta, The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore, Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson, I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore, Yaqui Delgado wants to Kick Your A** by Meg Medina

Me- May (4) Once by Anna Carey, Uglies by Scott Westerfeild, Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick, The Outsiders by E.S. Hinton June (2) The Girl who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson, Eve & Adam by Michael Grant July (2) Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman, Kisses From Hell by Kirsten Cast & Alyson Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment