Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Year Long Goal Progress- March

Time again for our monthly check in with how we have been doing towards our year long goals. March was a bumpy month for us, which leaves plenty of room for us to do better in April. Along with our typical busy schedules be dealt with some cabin fever which has switched over to spring fever.

As for our personal goals Jacob has done better than the rest this past month with is. He still has his moments where he isn't sharing as much as he could, but hey, he's an 8 year old. He has parted with dome of his treasures so Joey could play with them. He has even gone as far as to set the kitchen timer for Joey's allotted time with his toy. They has been more sharing in the sense that they are playing together with each other' toys with minimal arguing. I was pleasantly surprised Sunday when both boys got remote control cars from Papa and Joey forgot his at Papa's house that Jake shared his. Well he shared it in 30 second increments, but he did share. This is huge for Jacob!! Having 3 boys things tend to become community property at some point. When they receive a new (or new to them toy) they are given a once week grace which they are not required to share their new item (for birthday and other holiday toys they get a two week grace). Both boys go their cars on Saturday and on Sunday Jacob was willing to part with his for short periods of time, a decision he made all on his own. By Monday night Joey had moved on up to three 15 minute blocks.

Joey has been hit or miss when it comes to his friends this month. The positive to being in third grade is that you are presented with the opportunity to remake friends with kids who have already been your friend. As far as I know he's friends again with all his friends from the beginning of the month. During the beginning of the week I hear that he and "Mikey" aren't friends anymore but usually before the week in out their are best buddies again.

Jordan, oh my sweetie child, I don't even know what to say about him. I guess we'll look for the silver lining and he has not been on any electronics for majority of the month. However this was not by his choice (well, I guess it kinda was), the Big Mean Mom hid the electronics. Again this month his teenaged mouth and "clever ideas" (go ahead and toss in the eye rolling also) has lost him the privilege of electronics. Actually he ended up losing more than just electronics, but I'll have to write about that another time. So I guess as far as him limiting his electronic time, he stayed away from them for almost the whole month.

Now for how I have been doing. I have kind of let my "me time" slip for a good portion of the month, but regain it near he end. I grabbed a couple books throughout the month, but ended up return many that I didn't allow myself the time to read. I recently have recommitted to completing Jacob's Christmas stocking I have been very slowly working on for about a ear and a half (Ne goal to finish it before summer). I slipped away from my sign language lessons I was doing via the internet, wanting to wait until I started my classes (signs can vary depending on where you live. I just wanted to make sure I was learning the ones used in my local area). Not that I have signed up for classes yet, I still plan on doing so before the ear is up. I've slacked of with my healthy eating habits and seem to be still working on puffing up my "winter coat". With bathing suit season fast approaching I'll be cutting down on my sweets and snacking. I have done much in the form of exercising, I prefer to stay active while at outdoors and the weather has made it difficult. I have maintain my water intake and am up to 32 ounces a day. I have also done well with heading to bed before midnight, some night well before midnight.

Our family goals are still progressing along nicely. As many of you know we finished most of our Winter Bucket List and will continuing with a spring list. We haven't had a chance to sit and think up what to put on our list, but it should be up soon. Things have been a lot more organized around here lately thanks to our wonder friends over at Homeschool Camper who shared a challenge they are taking part in during Lent (you can find her post here). Also in very recent days, like the last day of March, I made up some contacts and new routine schedules for the boys to help them  get better organized. We slowly still adding to our 1000 Hours Outside Challenge, our year-to-date is 191 hours and 45 minutes. In light of March being reading month I had hoped for multiple books being completed, we just couldn't find the time to sit and read. Year-to date book total for the whole family is 66 books, we're a bit behind where I would like us to be but we'll catch up. Joey has been doing fantastic with reading along with the books on CD. Jacob has been flying through books he says he's now in competition with me for the most books read :) Jordan has been swiping my library books before I could get to them and is really enjoying the series. Downside to him reading my books before me, he's not real good about keeping key information to himself i.e. did you get to the part where they find out the shy guy, turned out to be a bad guy.

Books read this month were:

Jacob: (6 books read this month) Pokémon Pikachu's Rescue Adventure by Tracy West, Pokémon I Choose You! by Tracy West, Pokémon Island o the Giant Pokémon by Tracy West, Mrs. Dole is out of Control by Jim Paillot, Bailey School Kids Dragons Don't Cook Pizza by ebbie Dadey, and Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman by Dav Pilkey.

Joey: (4 books read this month) The Deadly Dungeon, The Empty Envelope, The Falcon's Feathers, and The Goose's Gold all of which are by Ron Roy

Jordan: (3 books read this month) Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Embrace by Jessica Shirvington, and Crescendo by BVecca Fitzpatrick

Me: (10 books read this month) The Giver by Lois Lowry, Eve by Anna Carey, Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry, Torment, Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Find a Stranger say Goodbye by Lois Lowry, Embrace by Jessica Shirvington, Messenger by Lois Lowry, Son by Lois Lowry, and A Grown-up Kindof Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment